Friday, January 9, 2009

First!

So here we are, my first real blog post. Evar. I'd like to open things up with something beautiful. See the picture? That, my friend. Is true beauty. For those of who are not familiar with the dish -yes, we do actually call it a dish-, it's a staple of French Canadian (Québec) gastronomy. Behold, the POUTINE.








Take some fresh cut fries, fry them in lard (it's actually quite rare, but that's the original recipe), drop a generous portion of cheese curds on the fires, and pour a moderate serving of brown sauce (it's not quite gravy, but I suppose you could call it so) to top it all off. Serve. Eat. Die of cardiac arrest. Yum.

Note that the above pictures are of two variants of said poutine. With added cholesterol and whatnot. More yum-ness.

Edit: I can't for the life of me figure out why the pictures I'm posting do not show up with the adjustments I made on Picasa. Oh well.

1 comment:

. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.