Saturday, March 28, 2009

Earth Hour


Also,

EARTH HOUR. DO IT.

Is it that hard to shut off everything in your house for one hour? Not just the lights, go deep. Microwave, television sets, computers. I do not want any internet traffic in my timezone during Earth Hour.

It's a small act, but I think it has purpose. The act itself of turning off all lights for one hour is not significant enough to change anything. But, it serves to increase people's awareness of the situation, of the environment crisis.

Whether it be by "trendy" eco-bags or whatever, I don't care. If it works, it works. We'll worry about the Americanization afterward. Earth Hour is not simply 60 minutes. It's a lifetime process not only for yourself, but also for you to incite other people to join in on this ecological crusade.

Now I'm going to annoy some of you who don't care, but.
Recycle. Reuse. Reduce.
That sleeve for your coffee? I admit that some of you might need it. It does get scalding. However, can you use it again? Absolutely. Don't throw it away. Fold it, keep it in your handbag, whatever. Next time you get a coffee cup, present them your conserved sleeve and they won't have to use a new one. If you don't want to offend commercial sensitivities, you can get a sleeve from each coffee shop chain.

There is much more. Learn of it. Apply it.

1 comment:

~ Faith said...

I know I am! Yay for candles!

~Faith