Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Like clockwork.



So. I've got a question for you people living outside of Quebec province.
Just how widespread is poutine? I mean, I was at Toronto Pearson airport and somehow managed to snag myself one of them greasy dishes. Sadly, it was a rather monumental failure which ended up only half-eaten. So what I want to know is... Is it that known in Ontario? What about other countries? I know many big cities in the US have poutine, such as New York and whatnot. So holla back.

On another note, I'm now in Lyon and have gone sightseeing a bit. I'll save you the burden of having to watch my pictures. Instead, I'll post some interesting ones I took during transit.

Mad snowstorm. We still departed without delay. Amazing:


Pearson:


Pearson:

9 comments:

Unknown said...

i like the first picture :)

Arashi said...

Took a glance at your blog. Completely stunned that you would compliment a picture of mine hah. I guess it must be more the object of the pic than the actual pic.

Anonymous said...

I know they have Poutine in Greece
LOL

Unknown said...

hey where's my comment ? :o
ok i wrote something like that -

"why are you so stunned, that i have compliment a picture of you ? haha anyway my carnival pictures were taken in rheine ( germany )

sorry for my bad english :D"

Unknown said...

amazing pictures ? haha not really.. but thanks
yes, i'm using a dslr from sony and what about you ?
canon ? nikon ?

Joyti said...

Here in California (San Francisco), I have only heard of Poutine once, at a local restaurant that sells it. Alas, I could not eat it as I do not eat red meat and I was uncertain about what type of gravy was used in it.
Your photograph makes it look very appetizing

~ Faith said...

Pretty widespread, we have it all over here in Saskatchewan.

~Faith

S Sweetman said...

I've always found that Poutine is far to fecal-looking to contain the syllable 'poo'.

Arashi said...

That's why Québécois purists will argue that it should remain a French Québec specialty. Keeping it confined to consumption by francophones will prevent that scatological problem.

I'm all for spreading poutine love, however.