Friday, February 26, 2010

Fiery Fridays?

I know I'm already not very punctual with my Macro Mondays, but I'm still thinking of creating a new theme day: Fiery Fridays!

This stems from my last macro shoot, and if you've gone on over to my flickr, you can see the rest of the set, especially the ones done in the same style as the last macro picture from the Monday set. I found them so beautiful and mysterious that I've been doing quite a few of them. Mind you, only about 1 in 20 shots come out good, so it's still going to be quite a challenge. I'll start off with four pictures per post, until I've gone through all my buffer of previously done shots. Then they'll start being new ones fresh from that week.

This is where I'd usually ask what you think, but what the heck no one ever answers anyway ;)

VoilĂ :

3 comments:

Munim said...

I like this idea, and I feel what you're saying about the mysteriousness of the photos. It must be difficult synchronizing the shutter with the spark/flame!

I personally like the last shot the most because of its abstract nature, tres cool.

Brandy said...

I love these, they're beautiful to say the least.
I really like your style.

Arashi said...

Well waddya know, people are actually answering! lol.

Munim - Thanks for coming back to my blog! How've you been? Also, about getting a tripod, it's already done. It's just that at macro focus distances, the DOF is really shallow, with a very narrow plane of focus. I'm shooting most of my macro at about f/10 to f/22.

Brandy - Thanks! I like your style too ;) Maybe I should write something in the near future.